Monday, October 22, 2007

A Yankee?

Don't get me wrong, we truly enjoy most aspects of making our home here in Georgia. One thing that's been a bit of an adjustment though is often being referred to as yankees. I was recently rather embarrased when our doctor, himself a New Yorker, commented to our five year old that he was a yankee too. It was one of our first visits to him, so I was taken aback when she responded with hands on hips, stamping her feet, and a bit red faced that she was absolutely NOT A YANKEE! Thankfully our doc has children of his own, a great sense of humor, and as a New Yorker immediately realized his faux pas.

We do take our baseball rather seriously in New England. We like to have something to complain and worry about besides the weather. We've passed along our membership in Red Sox nation to our children and they have an extreme distaste for all things Yankee. So while all northerners may be yankees, we are most definitely not Yankees! That's why I couldn't let today go by without saying ...

GO SOX!!!

Back to serious ramblings tomorrow, but for today I'm going to catch up on my sleep, savor the sweet taste of victory, and enjoy my heritage as a New Englander.

1 comment:

ConservaChick said...

I'm a born yankee, but my mother's family are from the South, so... I have a "special" affection for my Southern sisters. I SO badly want the accent!
Thanks for visiting my blog! Come again soon! ~Karlie