Monday, October 8, 2007

E.G.G. Hunts

Thought I'd share one of our new family traditions with you all. It's a year round tradition, not a holiday one, which makes it even better as far as I'm concerned. We've begun hunting for E.G.Gs. No, not the Easter variety. It's a bit late in the year for that. We've been hunting for Evidences of God's Grace. These E.G.G.s can be found in most places, most any time. It just takes a bit of looking...



I found one this morning as a matter of fact. My E.G.G was in the telephone. I had woken up this morning feeling tired and a little homesick. It's happened to all of us from time to time since our move. Well, the phone rang and it was a wonderful old friend. After some catching up I was ready to face the day with a smile.


When you choose to begin your own hunt I'll bet that you find lots of your own. I've met E.G.G's at soccer games, encountered them while driving, and even found them in my sugar bowl (please don't ask). The kids find them too, in the classroom and on the playground. E.G.G's are hiding everywhere. And, if you're really stumped don't forget about the biggest E.G.G of all... His love for us, even when we don't deserve it. (Eph 2:8-9) Yup, that's my favorite one too.



When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts.



Acts 11:23 (NIV)

No comments: