Saturday, October 13, 2007

Buckled In

Like many moms of today I'm pretty safety conscious. I'm big on bike helmets, life jackets, baby monitors, and internet filters, just to name a few. I take my carseats pretty seriously too. When we were expecting our little one last spring I spent lots of time comparing the various infant seats, checking their softness, reading online safety reviews, and finally have it checked by a certified carseat technician once it was installed. Now I'm getting tendinitis (from lugging said seat with baby in it) and we're ready to begin shopping again for a larger variety. Here we go again!

I was thinking a bit about my compulsion to protect and cradle my girls. I find it comforting to remember that God goes to great lengths to do the same for me. How wonderful to know that he holds us just as securely as any carseat. In fact, I think he's the one that taught me how mommies hold hands in the first place. I don't ever worry that my child is going to let go of my hand in a busy parking lot, because I'm not concerned about their grip. I've got them and I know I won't let go, even if the unexpected happens.



Thank you Lord for keeping me "buckled in".





Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.

Deuteronomy 33:12 (NIV)

No comments: