Thursday, November 15, 2007

Unavailable

Okay, confession time...

Sometimes I hate being so available. Communication is so fast and convenient nowadays, but it can all be a bit intrusive. I've been interrupted way too often lately by the chimes of one phone or another and feel compelled to answer an email or letter once I open it. I often shut the ringers off on the telephones, put the cell on vibrate, and resolve to check email only once every day or so. I'm trying to pull back a bit and focus on the more important things, God and my family. So much of the rest is just that- the rest. Most of that stuff can wait. The kids can't. The Lord shouldn't have to.

I think that's why I'm enjoying blogging so much. It perfectly fits my schedule, never interrupts my day, and once I've got you here you're a pretty captive audience. Selfish, I know :-).

So if you find yourself "leaving a message after the beep" these days please understand that I'll get back to you, when I can. A girl's got to prioritize.

No comments: