Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Taking care of mommy

I certainly don't procrastinate when it comes to getting my kids to the doc. I can't say the same for myself however :-(. I started last Wednesday night with a few aches and a scratchy throat and things quickly went downhill from there. After a long weekend filled with fever, chills, and no sign of an end in sight, I finally got myself in yesterday to get checked out. Turns out I had a sinus infection all along and it had gotten, well, a bit out of hand. Today I'm feeling ever so slightly better thanks to an antibiotic but the doc had warned it would take a couple of days to see some marked improvement. Thankfully hubby had a long weekend thanks to Veteran's Day so he was able to help out with the kids quite a bit. The household chores and my mega to-do list are piling up quick though. Personally I know I'm sick when the house is a mess and I don't care!

Hopefully I'll continue to recover and will get things back in order sometime in the near future. I would certainly do well to remember that I can't take care of everyone else when I don't take care of myself. Being sick always makes me miss my own mommy.

No comments: