Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Six months?












Ican hardly believe that our little one is six months old. It feels like she was just born yesterday. I remember trying to take care of our older girls at home while running back and forth to the NICU to be with her as much as possible. She was so fragile when she came home. I'd watch her breathe and live in fear that her apnea alarm would sound if I looked away- even for a moment. How wonderful it was to introduce her to her friends and family up north this summer and then to return to the peace and quiet of home here in Georgia. Don't let her know, but I almost miss those early weeks where I'd find myself rocking to her and singing softly at 3AM. I recall first baths, first walks, first trips to church, first smiles, and first giggles. I thank the Lord for you each day and ask Him to be with us as we celebrate many, many more firsts together. Happy 1/2 birthday, little one. I love you!

No comments: