Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas thoughts

Some of my favorite Christmas holidays have come when we've been blessed to have a young baby in the house. A wee child in my arms brings about feelings of true joy, love, and wonderful anticipation of what's to come. Dwelling on this gets me back in touch with the true importance of Christmas, allowing me to push some of the extras and excess aside. Little ones are not yet aware of the preparations and presents, the decorating and planning, and so much of what I must pull together to make Christmas a 'success' around here. I believe that what Z. wants for Christmas is not a shiny new toy with music and lights, not the biggest tree ever, not the perfect Christmas card picture, but simply to be surrounded by those who love and treasure her. I'd guess that's what our Savior wants most this year too.

No comments: