Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Six tomorrow!


It's hard for me to believe that P. will have another birthday tomorrow! I sat with her yesterday listening as she started reading slowly, her confidence and proficiency building page after page. I smile as I see her interact with the our littlest. She hides her softer side sometimes, but all her love and patience shows through in quiet moments with her sister. Her wish list this year was a small one: a new pair of jeans, another Barbie, and a necklace (something pretty with a butterfly on it). She's also looking forward to getting her ears pierced soon. It's become a tradition around here at each sixth birthday and she's pretty excited. For the first time she's been able to write her own thank you notes for some of the gifts she's already received. She worked slowly, but diligently on them yesterday.


P. is a leader and has taught me lots over these last few years. She's not one to blindly follow. While this is at times frustrating for me as a parent, I think it will serve her well as she grows. She's quick witted and a great negotiator (sometimes a bit too good). She certainly keeps me on my toes! She, like all of my girls, is so unique. I've been blessed to watch her grow and I can't wait to see what God has in store for her next!

No comments: