Monday, February 18, 2008

Cooperation

Ever wonder what would happen if we sincerely started cooperating with God?



I'll confess that I'm a complainer sometimes, even in my prayers *blushes*. I'll sometimes pray things like, "Oh God, things would have been easier if you had just let it happen this way... (read my way)." Or even better, "God are you sure that I have to do this?" My favorite of all goes, "God, why does this have to be so hard?"



During a talk with a friend the other day they pointed out the wise, but obvious answer to the whole issue of cooperation versus complaining. It was a truth I needed to hear. Here it is in a nutshell:



If you work and cooperate with God, you can then pray that he'll do something through you, rather than simply for you.



Point taken.



No comments: