Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shopping, and wrapping, and packing- Oh my!

I can't get that song from the Wizard of Oz out of my head these last few days. You know-"Lions and Tigers and Bears-Oh my" Yep, I'm feeling just a wee bit frenzied as I try to pull things all together around here.
It's been beautifully warm here in Georgia, but in the northeast- not so much. I seriously hope we all don't freeze during our trip. I've begun a scavenger hunt around here for coats, hats, and mittens. We also need to dig out lots of long pants and sweaters too. This year packing a myriad of baby equipment has thrown me as well. I don't know why I'm almost terrified that I'll forget something important each time we travel? They do have stores in southern New Hampshire and guess what? They don't even charge sales tax!!! Hmm... so why is it that I'm bringing everything but the kitchen sink?
Presents, I do wish I could forget about packing those. I may have to if I don't get them wrapped! Definitely not one of my favorite activities. I'm a pretty crafty person and I'll happily spend hours knitting, sewing, or even stamping a beautiful card. But I just can't get into spending time and money on something designed to be torn into and quickly discarded.
That's all I have time for today. More to come as soon as I get out from under the wrapping paper and suitcases and get my check book re-balanced after all that spending.

No comments: