Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Headed towards a white Christmas

On your mark, get set, go! We're heading out tonight. The bags are FINALLY packed and the girls can barely contain their excitement at seeing all of our northern family and friends. We're praying for safe and peaceful travel and for a meaningful Christmas where the wonderful gift of the Christ child resonates above all of the background distractions.

We're bracing for the cold and the snow. Wonderfully beautiful to look at, but not so fun to drive in. We hope to make time to visit with lots of folks, but if the weather doesn't cooperate they'll just have to come to us.

I plan to do some blogging while we're up. If the wind blows properly I can pirate a signal from my sil's next door. If I don't make it on much we plan to return to ring in the New Year here in Georgia.

The girls look forward to car trips because they get to watch a bunch of movies on DVD. Funny, but they seem to choose the same ones over and over and over again. Thank goodness for headphones. Hubby and I usually listen to something a bit heavier, this time Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace. He's graciously allowed audio files of his 13 part series to be downloaded and shared. I've heard his methods are sound and practical. Will let you know what I think after the holidays.







Finally, many of my readers bless my life in very personal ways. I thank you all. I wish you a truly blessed Christmas and a New Year filled with the all the riches that only Christ's love can provide.





No comments: