Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A classroom door

Our days are beginning to fall into a bit of a rhythm. We're enjoying a renewed sense of family unity, a more flexible schedule, and are having some very productive school days. For the first time in a few years I feel intimately involved with the girls and their studies again.


One of the biggest adjustments has been mental for sure. I was trying to figure out this week why our days seem to run quite smoothly until about 2:30 or so each day. Then it clicked. In all my working years I had only to make it the conclusion of the school day and my students would leave. Well these little pupils don't! Sounds simple- but it hasn't been for me. I need time to transition back to being a mommy. I need a classroom door that shuts. I'm planning to implement a small block of quiet time each afternoon. The only rules being to seperate and participate in a quiet activity for a bit. We'll see if that does the trick.

2 comments:

Ally said...

Hi I came from "luvmy4sons" and would be really interested in the exact address on youtube for Mark Halls testimony... I have two aDD sons and it´s always good to get a bit of encouragement!!!

Simply a mommy said...

Hi ally!
Here's a link to the first part of Mark Hall's testimony that you mentioned:
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=a3ba03f1aedc8db12cdb

You can search at GodTube for the second two parts. I highly recommend this to everyone- powerful stuff!