Friday, June 20, 2008

Trust

I've been meditating a lot on Psalm 31 lately. I know that there are a few areas of my life that I still have yet to completely give over to the Lord, at least consistently. As a result I often flounder and worry needlessly. To truly rest in Him, I must completely trust in Him. He wants my will, my desires, my plans, my future, and most of all my heart.

I've studied several versions of this passage, but the New King James version has particularly resonated with my spirit, as I seek to commit it to Him more fully.


1 In You, O LORD, I put my trust;
Let me never be ashamed;
Deliver me in Your righteousness.
2 Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.
3 For You are my rock and my fortress;
Therefore, for Your name’s sake,
Lead me and guide me.
4 Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me,
For You are my strength.
5 Into Your hand I commit my spirit;
You have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Psalm 31:1-5 NKJV

No comments: